Check out this website for fun Halloween recipes!
Or try the recipes below:
Eyeball Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup (.12 pints) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Green and red food coloring
- Sliced black olives
Peel the cooled eggs and slice them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks into a bowl and mash them up. Mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, and salt. Stir in a few drops of green food coloring.
Spoon the mixture into the center of the egg halves. Place a slice of olive on top of each half. Dip a toothpick into red food coloring and then use it to draw lines on the eggs as shown. Now your eggs look like creepy eyeballs.
Text by NGS staff
Photograph by Mark Thiessen/NGS staff
National Geographic Kids magazine
Corny Sloppy Joe Pizzas
From Pillsbury Halloween 2008 edition
Prep time 35 minutes...makes 8 pizzas
- 1 can (16.3oz) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant Niblets whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 small pieces (1x 1/2 inch each) green bell pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place on un-greased large cookie sheet: press each biscuit to form 4 1/2-inch round. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch non-stick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked: drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce and corn. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Cut cheese into circles. With knife, make facial features (of jack-o-lantern) in cheese.
- Remove biscuits from oven. Spoon beef mixture evenly onto biscuit rounds. Arrange cheese pieces over beef mixture to look like jack-o-lanterns. Place bell pepper piece on top of each to look like stem. Return to oven; bake 3 to 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- 1 quart lime sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 container (12 oz) frozen limeade, thawed
- 1 bottle (liter) ginger ale
- Gummy worm candies, if desired
- Lime slices, if desired
- In punch bowl, mix sherbet, limeade and ginger ale.
- Pour into glasses. Garnish each glass with candy and lime slices. Serve immediately.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
- 6 tablespoons white sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until dry and toasted. Larger seeds may take longer.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of white sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and sprinkle the remaining sugar over them. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, about 45 seconds. Pour seeds into the bowl with the spiced sugar and stir until coated. Allow to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
(from Woman's World magazine)
4 pre-sliced round thin sandwich rolls
3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning
40 pepperoni slices
12 slices deli-sliced mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz) cut into 1/2" wide strips
16 small pieces black olives
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Line jellyroll pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
3. Place sandwich thin halves, cut side up, on pan.
4. Spread each with 1 T of Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with seasoning and top with pepperoni slices
5. Spread remaining sauce over pepperoni--about 1/2 T per pizza.
6. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
7. Arrange cheese strips on top in criss-cross pattern, cutting to fit.
8. Bake to melt slightly, 3-5 minutes.
9. Place olive pieces on "mummies" to make eyes.
Graveyard Pudding Dessert
(from fbnr.com Halloween Recipes magazine)
3 1/2 c cold milk
2 packages (4-serving size) JELL-O chocolate flavor Instant Pudding and Pie filling
1 tub (12 oz) COOL WHIP whipped topping, thawed
1 package (16 oz) chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
Decorations : Milanos, or rectangular-shaped cookies, decorator icings, candy corn and pumpkins
1. Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk or electric mixer on lowest speed 2 minutes or until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and 1/2 of the crushed cookies. Spoon into 13"x9" dish. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. (prep time 15 minutes)
2. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Decorate Milanos or rectangular cookies with icing to make "tombstones." Stand tombstones on top of dessert with candies to resemble a graveyard. (Chill time 1 hour)
Boo the Ghost
(from fbnr.com Halloween Recipes magazine)
1 baked 13X9 inch cake, cooled
1 tub (8 ounces) COOL-WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
2 chocolate wafer cookies
2 green candy wafers
1 black jelly bean
black or red string licorice
Cut off 2 top corners of cake as shown in the photo. Using small amount of whipped topping to hold pieces together, arrange cake pieces on serving tray as shown in photo.
Frost cake with remaining whipped topping. Decorate with cookies and candy wafer for eyes and candy corn for mouth. Make a spider using the jelly bean for its body and pieces of licorice for its legs. Store cake in refrigerator.
Pumpkin Harvest Bread
(from fbnr.com Halloween Recipes book)
1.5 cups all purpose flour, .5 cup yellow corn meal, 2 tsp ground cinammon
1.5 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, .5 tsp ground nutmeg
.25 tsp salt, 1 cup solid pack pumpkin, 2 eggs, .5 cup granulated sugar
.5 cup packed brown sugar, .25 cup vegetable oil, .25 cup applesauce, .5 cup raisins
Combine flour, corn meal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl. Beat pumpkin, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and applesauce in large mixer bowl. Beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in raisins. Spoon into greased, floured 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.